Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Coyotes

Yep, coyotes. Ville Platte's got 'em. Right in my back yard.
My sister in law who lives just a couple houses down told us they can hear them howling in the woods behind us sometimes. Then some other neighbors told us every now and then they find a pile of feathers instead of their chickens. Abby and I were out looking for crawfish 2 days ago when I found some unusual footprints in the mud. They were too large to be a dog and not the right shape. I googled coyote footprint images that night and that's exactly what it is!! Super scary to have them walking around in my back yard!!! I felt better knowing they were in the woods where I can't see them. But to know they're coming up within 30-50 feet of my house is too much! I seriously doubt they would ever be out in the daylight and would more than likely be afraid of a human, but there are reports all over about coyotes attacking people, mostly kids. So, as if I wasn't paranoid enough about anything happening to Abby, now I can add coyotes to my list of worries. :/

No comments: