With my side of the family being out of town, we decided to have Abby's baptism on her birthday and kill two birds with one stone, so to speak.
While I'm not Catholic, we've decided to raise Abby in that faith and are just now getting around to getting her baptised. Catholics choose a godmother and godfather for the "baby" to care for her in the event something happens to where the parents can't raise her. We chose Grant's sister Wendy and her husband Timmy. Over here they call them Nanny and Paran (Pah-ran). Grant's immediate family were there and my dad and Papaw came down too. We weren't sure how Abby would take sitting in mass for the full hour (we usually just sit in the cry room), but she did surprisingly well. We were a little worried how she would do when Father Gene poured the water on her head, but she did fine. Kind of had a look on her face like "what are y'all doing to me?", but at least she wasn't vocal about it!! So that I could participate and watch everything that was going on, my sister in law Shea was kind enough to take pictures for me.
Guess I'll upload pictures later, as it doesn't appear to be working!!
We held Abby's birthday party right after the baptism. We had it at Grammy's house since it's much bigger. We grilled burgers and hot dogs. The theme was Dora the Explorer. She got lots of goodies for her birthday. I can't believe she is TWO years old already!!!!
I'll put more pics here later too!
Tuesday, August 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment