Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Fourth of July

Abby's cousin Alexis ("Wexi") made the Ville Platte All Star softball team this year. They were going to a tournament in Gonzales for 4th of July weekend and we decided to go. I went over on Friday morning and had a "girl's day" with Rosanne while Abby stayed in Ville Platte. We shopped, visited and got the best pedicure ever! Later that evening, we went to eat at The Chimes and I had a wonderful steak!!! Saturday morning, Grant and Abby rode down with his parents and we watched ballgames Saturday afternoon/evening and Sunday. It was SO hot though. Luckily, all the dads from the ball team set up tents and fans so we were able to stay cooler than some. I bought a couple of handheld fans to take with us. One was the kind that you put water in and spray yourself. Abby was entertained for a long time with that one!! No matter how many times she sprayed herself in the face, she still jumped. She was so comical.

It was a nice little getaway for all of us!!

No comments: