Two weeks later, Alexis' team travelled to Lake Charles for the nationals tournament. We were on the road again! Friday, Abby and I rode down with Grammy and Pops. We went back to the hotel in between games. All the women sat in the hall chatting while a lot of the men napped. All the kids, including Abby ran the halls. Abby had SO much fun. She loved getting the attention from all those girls!!! We watched more games that evening, but for some reason Abby got sick all of a sudden and started throwing up. I normally handle "emergency" situations well, but when it was my own child, I panicked!! I didn't know what to do!! Lol. Thank goodness Grammy and Wendy were there to help out. We got her cleaned up and changed. She was quiet for the rest of the game, but not sick anymore....until we got in the car. We hadn't pulled out of the ballpark good when she started again. Pops took a turn on 2 wheels and we stopped in someone's driveway to clean her up again. This sweet old lady came out and gave us towels, a cold ice pack, 7up with a straw, everything. She was so sweet!! She told us how she'd beat cancer 3 times and always had things like that ready. Made me think of my momma :) Anyway, it was a long hour and a half drive home to say the least!!! I was so worried and debating whether to take her to the emergency room. She was just so pale and lethargic and pitiful looking. Shortly after we got home and she played with her daddy, she was fine and running up and down the house!! Of course Grant said it was because she just needed to see him! Haha.
Since Ab was back to her normal self, we loaded up and went back on Saturday to see them play again. They ended up coming out 3rd I think, but played some good softball.
Tuesday, August 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment