Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Amazing Experience

Today was Rosanne's induction day and I got to be a part of it. It was a completely different experience than giving birth myself. It was interesting how much of the labor that I had forgotten. But today wasn't about me, it was about Miss Molly!!! After 3 boys, Rosanne finally got proof that Jason is capable of making girls! :) I won't go into specific detail for her privacy's sake, but let me just tell you that she births babies fast!! Ok, one detail - she went from 6cm to 10cm in 5 minutes!!!! From the time the nurse said she was 6 to the time Molly was born was 20 minutes. I got teary eyed just watching the nurses buzz around setting up the room. Amazing is the only word I can use to describe watching Dr. Guidry hold up Molly and hearing the little cry she let out. I gasped when I heard it. Such a precious miracle. Watching Rosanne's face as she first held Molly warmed my heart. Molly had so much hair too. She is a beautiful little girl (2nd only to Abby!! Hehe) Long ago, I said I wouldn't hold her because I didn't want to catch baby fever. As Abby continues to grow I've gotten the itch but know that it's too soon for us to be able to handle another. Well, as soon as I walked into the L&D room that itch grew! Yes, I ended up holding Molly. She was just too precious not to!! :)
I am so thankful to Rosanne (and Jason) for allowing me to be a part of their special delivery. It was an experience of a lifetime that I otherwise wouldn't have gotten to witness and certainly will never forget. I've been giddy all day!

No comments: