Sunday, October 5, 2008

What's Been Going On...

Early this year, Grant and I made the decision that we were ready to get the hell out of Baton Rouge and move somewhere near family and out of the big city. The day I left Natchez headed for college, I said I'd never move back, but Natchez was strongly considered. The only downfall is that the only family there is my dad. While I would love to be able to see him all the time, we decided it just wasn't the best move for Abby. We feel she would be better raised in Ville Platte (very small cajun town just off I-49 between Lafayette and Alexandria) where she will be around all of her cousins and other family. We bought a pretty lot for a pretty penny and plan to live in a mobile home at first. We need to make sure the move is the right decision. If all goes well, we will build in a couple of years.










Initially we decided to make the move right away. I went out on a limb and put in my notice at work. I had been doing some work on the side for someone. When I told him of our plans to move, he made me an offer I couldn't refuse, provided I commit to stay in BR until December.

So here we are, still living in the depths of hell. We put the house on the market in July and so far, are having ZERO luck at selling it. It seems as if one week things are falling into place for the move to happen and the next week, we feel like we'll be stuck here forever. Right now, we think Grant has landed a transfer to the FedEx station in Alexandria. We should know something this week. If he does get it, he'll be leaving BR in a month. What will Abby & I do then? We have GOT to get the house sold and soon!!!

On to Abby. Is she not just the cutest little thing you've ever seen??!! She'll be 16 months old next week. Where does the time go?! So far, she's still not walking. Her pediatrician said he likes kids to be walking by this age, but doesn't worry until 18 months. He suggested we go ahead and schedule an appointment with the pediatric neurologist in about a month just to have her evaluated. I think if she tried hard, she could do it. She walks on her knees all the time, and looks quite cute doing it. :) She walks around holding onto furniture and her push toys or even our fingers (must be both hands, don't you dare let go of one or she'll sit!). She'll come around in her own time. She's recently had a language explosion. Her vocabular consists of dada, mama, bye, bubbles, cat, moo, cow, hey, no, uh oh, cracker, ball, quack quack, and various other words that we've yet to decipher.
She weighs in at 28 pounds, is 31" tall and is wearing 2T and 3T clothes (have to have her pants altered they're so long). She has quite the personality and everywhere we go, people seem to flock to her. Her smile and laugh are contagious. She's an absolute joy to our lives. She's also growing up way too fast!


Geaux Tigers!!
Ignore her skinned up nose. She tried to make her Mickey Mouse ride-on toy fly. They ate concrete instead. Yes, mom cried too.

No comments: