I already suck at this. I just never seem to make time to sit down and write out what's on my mind. Things have been hectic lately.
Last weekend we took Abby to Jackson, MS to the State Fair. The whole reason I wanted to go is to eat some roasted corn on the cob, only to remember that I can't eat it because of my braces! Boo!!! Anyway, we had a good trip. Abby didn't seem to have much of an opinion about it. She was pretty laid back the whole time we were at the fair. I think she rode about 4 rides total.
When trying to book a hotel room, I had a hard time finding something available. I just assumed it was b/c of the fair. Turns out Southern was playing at Jackson State the same night we were there. I was able to find us a room at the Edison Walthall, which sounds and looked super nice from the webiste. Looks certainly are deceiving!!! The room had a horrible musty smell, was super small and claustrophobic feeling. Grant went to give Abby a bath and the water came out brown!!!! Yuck!!! Won't be going back there anytime soon!
We were able to meet up with a mutual friend while there and eat dinner together which was nice. We ate at a place called Nick's on Lakeland just off I55. I strongly recommend it!! Pricier than what we were going for, but worth it.
We stopped in Hammond on the way back for Abby to pick a pumpkin out of the pumpkin patch. I thought the people really grew the pumpkins until I saw the cardboard bins full of them off to the side! They just throw them out in a field to make it look like a real patch. Oh well, still a pumpkin.
All in all, it was a good weekend. Nice little family outing.
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment