Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Grrrr

My child is entirely too strong-willed!!!! She decided today she wanted to start playing with oven knobs while I was cooking. No need to suggest oven knob covers - I've tried them and she just pulls them off. I tried just telling her no, which of course didn't work. I tried the distraction method of giving her something else to play with, which didn't work. I resorted to swatting her hand lightly, to which she laughed!!!! She continued to laugh despite me telling her it wasn't a game. Finally, she gave up.
Next was bathtime, which she decided she needed to do standing up! I knew she was going to slip and fall and kept telling her to please sit down, and physically making her sit down, only to have her stand right back up. Of course, she finally slipped. Landed on her knees and didn't hurt herself, but cried like I had beat her.

Patience is not a virtue I possess. I'm having a really hard time teaching her no and keeping my cool. I feel like I'm constantly telling her no and getting frustrated. I don't know where she could possibly be getting this strong-willed side of her personality from. Surely it can't be from me. Hehe :) If she's like this now, I can't even begin to imagine what she will be like in years to come!!!!! Pray for me! Haha

No comments: